Customer Tagger Setup Guide
We have created a wide variety of pre-set, simple to create rules for you to begin tagging your customers. To create a rule, simply select one of our pre-set rules and fill in your selected values and submit the rule to save it.
The rule will appear under the 'Existing Rules' tab within the app. When new orders are placed in your store, the Customer Tagger app will check the properties of the order and will analyse it to see if there is a matching rule requiring a tag to be applied to the customer.
Full list of preset tagging rules
- Tag by product - tagging customers based on the products they buy is best used for subscriptions. You can tag a customer with 'Member' and then provide access to restricted areas of the site to those with the tag.
- Tag by collection - tagging customer based on the collections they buy from allows you to segment customers into groups. For example those who only buy from sale collections are highly likely to respond well and convert to emails about discounted products.
- Tag by spend - Tag customers based on either how much they spend in a particular order or their total lifetime spend. Highlight your most loyal customers and reward them for being big spenders.
- Tag by volume - Tag customers based on the number of times they have purchased something on the site.
- Tag by abandoned cart - Tag customers to attempt to buy something on your store and decide against. Tagging them allows you to highlight the 'hot leads' and aim to bring them back to the store and convert.
- Tag customer accounts - Automatically tag a customer when they open an account on your store. This can be used to reward customers with a discount code for signing up. You can assign a discount code to a group of customers tagged with something specific.
- Tag by discount code - Tag all the customers who use specific discount codes, this can then be used to analyse sales patterns and what customers respond well to sales.
- Tag by email - Tag customers who order from the same organisation, highlight customers who might be buying on behalf of their company by checking their email domain.
- Tag by product tag - Tag customers based on the product tags of the product they buy. For example you might have tagged all your products by size meaning you can quickly identify customers clothing sizes and promote specific SKU's to them in future marketing.
- Tag by POS Location - Tag your customers based on the POS location they order from. This will enable you to group your customers based on the store they prefer to shop at, allowing you to create location based promotions and marketing.
- Tag by Shipping Address - Tag your customers based on the shipping address City, postcode, country and state (US only)
- Tag by Billing Address - Tag your customers based on billing country, city or postcode
- Tag based on Product Vendor - Tag your customers based on the name of the vendor within the order.
Apply your rules to past customers
You can backdate your rules to all your customers by going to the backdate tab within the app.
Select the date range you would like to run a backdate and Customer Tagger will calculate the price based on the volume of orders that the app needs to process. You can apply a backdate to all your rules or highlight specific rules which you would like to backdate to past customers.
Pricing is $10 for the first 1000 orders and $1 for every 1000 orders after that.